VVS is a term used to refer to the clarity grades of diamonds. The level of clarity entirely depends on the size, number, placement of inclusions and imperfections, and color of the diamonds. VVS diamonds are considered flawless such that inclusions and blemishes cannot be seen under the magnification of a standard jeweler's loupe.
Therefore, it is safe to say that VVS diamonds are real!
A clarity scale measures the inclusions and flaws when exposed to a 10X magnification. VVS diamonds can either be VVS1 or VVS2. Usually, the VVS1 clarity is very high compared to VVS2. A VVS1 diamond is almost flawless.
What Is Diamond Clarity?
Diamonds are measured to determine the clarity grade for internal and external inclusions. The inclusions found on the surface of a diamond are mainly cracks and chips, which probably originated when the diamond was formed.
Diamonds are graded from I, referring to 'Included' to F, meaning 'Flawless .'Below is the diamond clarity chart;
- FL- Flawless
- IF- Internally Flawless
- VVS1- Very, Very, Slightly Included
- VVS2- Very, Very Slightly Included
- VS1- Very Slightly Included
- VS2- Very Slightly Included
- SI1- Slightly Included
- SI2- Slightly Included
- I1, I2, and I3- Included
How Is Diamond Clarity Determined?
Some factors determine diamond grading, which includes;
- Size: Inclusions are likely to appear more prominent if the diamond is large.
- Number: A diamond with a large number of inclusions will be graded lower
- Nature: This is the general characteristic of inclusion; internal inclusion will lower the grading.
- Location: An inclusion closer to the table is likely to be more visible, affecting the clarity grading.
- Relief of inclusions: This refers to the visibility of the inclusion when compared to the diamond itself.
Are VVS Diamonds Worth It?
The price of a VVS diamond is determined by the cut, carat weight, color, shape, and size. They are costly compared to SI and VS diamonds because of their almost flawless nature.
VVS diamonds are worth your money. At Paramount Jewelers, we got you and we are your number one jeweler for all your needs.