Despite the desire to have jewelry made of pure gemstones such as gold, diamond, and silver, it might be costly for some people. The latter results in some people buying cheaper but good-looking jewelry. This kind of jewelry is made of different materials that look like original gemstones but are not. One kind of such jewelry is diamond simulant. A diamond simulant can be described as a stone that looks like a real diamond and has similar characteristics to that of a real diamond but does not have the same chemical composition. A diamond simulant can also be called a simulated diamond, diamond alternative, or imitation diamond. Diamond simulants can either be natural or synthetic.
Types of Diamond Simulants
Some of the most known natural diamond simulants include:
- Quartz, and
On the other hand, synthetic diamond simulants include:
- Spinel, as well as
- Cubic Zirconia
As stated above, diamond simulants look the same as real diamonds. However, there are ways to differentiate the two.
Differences Between Real Diamonds and Diamond Simulants
Some of the differences between real and simulant diamonds include:
- Real diamonds are hard, while diamond simulants are soft
- Real diamonds are, at most times, tinted, whereas diamond simulants are colorless
- Real diamonds have varying fluorescence intensity, while imitation diamonds have the same intensity.
- Real diamonds have sharp facet edges, while diamond alternatives have rounded ones.
Diamond simulants also have reasons why some people prefer them
Advantages of Simulated Diamonds
Apart from affordable cost, simulated diamonds are preferred because of the following reasons:
- They are easy to clean
- They are conflict-free because they are not associated with mining industry problems such as child labor, human rights violation, and poor working conditions.
- They are eco-friendly
Where To Get Simulated Diamonds
After reading this article, some of you might be wondering where they can get simulated diamonds. Worry no more because Paramount Jewelers is here for you. Paramount Jewelershas a variety of simulated diamonds that will meet your wants but within your budget. Book that appointment today.